Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dance no more

Finally..the rain has decided to make its presence felt in Gurun after almost two months of hooTTT, dry, agonising weather. Gurun almost became a 'gurun'. The air had been so dry, I get thirsty everytime I wander outside my house. No kidding!

It is so hot, my dog,Dobby,dug a small hideout in my backyard. Huh..talk about being
desperate...Well,mud is cooling... And once, the heat was so unbearable, I wished I could join little Dobby in his little hideout. I would have if, one: the hole was big enough and two: people (family included) would understand that there's nothing wrong with covering yourself with mud. Come afternoon, don't let me start with that..

Yesterdays episode of 'Oprah' discussing about stray animals was touching. About 19 000 'strays' are rescued by an animal shelter in the US in a year. Due to concerns about space and diseases, around ten to twenty dogs are given euthanasia to be put to sleep each day. Sad but with the increasing number of strays roaming the streets and the public's inept act of favouring puppies from the pet shop over the homeless strays, the authority is probably left with no other choice.

No matter what people may say about euthanasia being effective especially with cases of rabies soaring nowadays; I still think that the act can never ever be justified and remains solely inhumane in my eyes.Animals have the right to live too, don't you think so? We should do our part to help reduce the severity of this situation. Stop littering everywhere. Why you ask? Well, the increase in garbage filled centres attract strays.
Be responsible and castrate your dog. And if you love dogs, have a heart and adopt a dog from the nearby shelter. It will make a whole lot of difference.

Toodles for now =)

Lots n Lots Of Love,
Gaya

No comments: