Friday, July 11, 2008

A tinge of reality

Just a few weeks ago...i was alone in my apartment..like all the previous mundane weekends ( yes..poor me) and somehow it hit me..how quiet it was in college. Just so you know, college is a 5 hour journey on road from my hometown Kedah ( its ke- as in...hmm...kerb? ) and unlike my girls who 'are always there for me except on Fridays when they just can't wait to leave for home'.. haha, You know who you are! ( Chenies, nana's.. just joking! I love U!), i end up feeling like the only living soul in college. Well, okay i'm exaggerating.

But now the juniors are here; giving KTT some sign of inhabitance. Watching the juniors queuing up to register themselves was amusing in a way... some looked as if they were being sent to a slaughter house. haha.

All these brought back memories and at that moment I felt grateful. I was like them too.. last year ( wow..It's been a year!) .Moving from KTJ ( Tuanku Jaafar College) to KTT was not easy. I used to complain about everything. Food, the labs.. well I don't want to press on the details. But now here I am, being a much better person than I ever thought I'll be. Now I appreciate clean floors, hugs and laughter, the last drop of my now favourite Nesvita cereal drink.. yes I've learned to appreciate all those little things in life. I now have a clear perspective between the things I want and the things I need.At the moment, I want and need to get the 4A's in my A levels. I'm a scholar and I feel extremely blessed for being given this chance to experience reality. And you know what, reality ain't that harsh after all.


Loves,
Gaya

No comments: