Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reaching for the stars

बेलगाम, इंडिया
१.२० प.म
जवाहरलाल नेहरू मेडिकल कॉलेज, नेहरू नगर

It's been almost two weeks since I arrived in Belgaum, India.
The atmosphere, the environment and of course the people.. everything seems so surreal. The daily chapati's and curds, the mixture of hindi and marathi, the yellow auto's that charge at us whenever we step out of college, the accented lectures, 'Sitamma' the delightful lady who takes care of the juniors floor, the wet mornings, afternoons and evenings, the RAIN that always decide to fall whenever we decide it will not, the salwars and chudidars, the interesting jokes our lecturers share, the queue at the Bank, the ever-helpful seniors and the free wireless in the campus m
akes the 3 hour ( or was it 2?) bus ride from Hubli worthwhile.

The lecturers have introduced the three subjects which we'll be dealing with in the first week itself. Judging from the syllabus, planner and the workload, it's going to be a busy year for me. And I'm gonna make it as interesting as possible. Medicine is tough no doubt but that won't stop me from loving anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. I'm happy and extremely grateful for having the choice to pursue my dream which many don't. I'll make the most of my 5 1/2 years here and the advices both my parents have given me will always be a part of me here.
I love them!

Well.. more about Belgaum in my next post.
I'm starving!
Oooh and by the way,we'll be going out to watch Harry Potter in the one and only cinema Belgaum has to offer in the afternoon ;)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Loves,
Gaya

3 comments:

mumuthegreat said...

first comment yaay!!!was suprised dat u updated ur blog though,thought u never ever come online:)...n u forgot about our interesting classmates and their talents:)um thaez here btw,b4 u think im some kind of stalker:)

Gaya said...

Why thank you for spending 5 minutes of ur time to leave a comment here. And it's not my fault I can't go online. The wireless here is so unpredictable..
Yea as for the talents.. you're right. I'll write about them some other day =)

mumuthegreat said...

hehe n dont forget to include anjali,superman and the others...god this year is gonna b fun!!!:)