Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hot n Cold

I'm recovering well from the minor eye surgery I had last week. Well, being able to look at the computer and tv screen ( aaaaaahh MY TV.....*drooling as I type*...) without a huge alien-like bulge on my eyelid distruping my vision is definitely an accomplishment. It was a scary, painful, exaggerated, unexpectedly relieving experience, but an experience nonetheless. For all this while, I took immense comfort in the word anesthesia, thinking it was the the heavenly path towards a painless surgery. Oh was I w-r-o-n-g! The MOST dreadful part of the whole 'experience' WAS being anaesthesized. They should have an anaesthesia for anaesthesia!

Days are just sailing by. Fantastic. Apart from a healing eyelid and an improving sense of directions, I'm quite content with what I've done for the past few weeks. There's still room to worry about the results..MY results. OK, worrying about it now won't help but I just keep chaneling those worries into prayers, hoping for the best.God bless all of us.

So, Katy Perry is quite something huh? Not so much for the lyrics but her tunes are very catchy. My favourite would be ' Hot n Cold'. The lyrics are simple, and they bring forward one meaning... indecisive individuals. It's funny how often people are swayed by the judgement of others. Now I wouldn't want to be a prejudice and ignore the fact that I can be pretty indecisive myself. I'm 19 now and I should know better than lashing out dogmatic views at loved ones or the public in general. And I know for fact that having principles and being firm about them are more of a necessity than an asset in the medical profession nowadays.

At the same time, being able to accept advices and building our character based on them is necessary. Those are constructive criticisms. We should also be wise enough to differentiate consructive criticisms from the ones that are just meant to put us down out of the act of preserving one's dignity. So, knowing the hot fom the cold or the other way around is IMPORTANT. I'm halfway there, maybe closer than I think I am, but there's a lot to learn and I should not be afraid to do that, to admit my mistakes and to become a better person, one who is ready to face the world.

I really hope I'll find a book that is interesting enough to buy soon because I've almost finished my twilight sequel. Hmm... maybe Stephenie Meyer will write another book on gnomes. That might be interesting xx

Loves,
Gaya

No comments: