Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reality vs fiction

Forget about gnomes. Stephenie Meyer is writing a new book for the twilight sequel, the midnight sun ;) I'm soooooooo happy right now, I could scream! Why didn't anyone tell me that? It could have saved me the agony I felt as soon as I reached the fabulous ending for the 'breaking dawn', which needless to say is the last and the best book in the sequel ... for now at least. I had to read the last few pages very slowly just to make sure I don't lose the magical fizz of the book. Whoa.. magical fizz?! I'm even starting to sound a little bedazzled huh? Well the verdict? It was a very good book, every bit the unique story most readers were anticipating judging from the previous books of the sequel.

I was never a big fan of vampire stories or vampires for that matter.(pardon my sudden lack of humour.. must be caused by all the excitement), but this sequel changed that. I'm even looking forward to a new vampire series on Star World called 'Blood Ties'. Supernatural world.. here I come!

Things are unfortunately not so good back here in the real world. I just watched a heart wrenching footage of the war on Gaza on the Al-Jazeera channel. The death toll in Palestine as for yesterday was 1203. More than 5000 were injured. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families in Palestine and Israel. It's sad to see that many don't realise that war is still a war, no matter what the reasons are. Standing up for each other's rights is wise, but at what cost? How can killing the innocent be an imperative duty for those in a dispute? Well, it's sad enough to watch the impact of the war on the tv, imagine the depth of pain endured by those watching their families and friends fighting for their lives, imagine the innocent children hiding from a war they barely understand and watching their house tumble down as if they are worth nothing more than a pack of cards. Imagine.

Lets face the cold facts. There's a long way to go before achieving world peace but it is attainable. I figure nothing is impossible since we are humans after all. We can change if we want to. But how many more lives and civilisations are at stake before we figure that out? Guess we could start practising peace within our families and our group of friends first. We should learn to give and take and take interest in all the small things that many shrug off as petty issues.

I mean how many sisters realise how lucky they are to be able to share; not only clothes but laughters, jokes and memories as well. Likewise, how many children realise how lucky they are to be yelled at by their parents, which means they still CARE. How many individuals remember to hug their parents and their loved ones and tell them how much they love each other? I should be exremely grateful for many things I have now that I could live without. Life is beautiful and we just fail to see that. Instead of struggling to find the holes in our life, cherish the fact that we have a life to live in the first place. Lets really live life from this moment =)



To world peace.



Loves,

Gaya

1 comment:

DiA said...

family is true love =)
p/s - dear, im nadia la.. remember me?? ;)